Subject: Re: Making a Fence
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 15:30:24 -0400

>Thanks to Dave Warner's hint, I now use the Additive button for 
>almost everything.  If you had a nice pic of a chainlink fence, taken 
>against a black background, couldn't you map this onto a simple lo-poly 
>plane, then click the Additive button, leaving holes in your fence 
>where they should be?  

>	The only disadvantage in this method is that, if you're using
>shadowmapped shadows, your fence will not cast a fence-pattern shadow, but
>a block of shadow in the shape of your plane.  Also, objects behind it
>will appear as if in shadow, since its transparency is a trick. I usually
>turn off all shadow options for the object in question.  (I haven't tried
>ray-traced shadows in conjunction with the Additive button). 

If you are on the Amiga Pro-Fills volume 2 has a chainlink brush that you
could
try as a clip map. It works well in creating a chainlink texture but not 
sure how
it would clip map or work with shadows.

Hope this helps.

Robert <just trying to FLY-r> Coates

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]